Air duct repair tips
• Check the air ducts for air leaks. Look for sections that should be joined are intact or separated and then look for obvious holes.
• For sealing joints and seams use duct mastic which is more durable than tape and easy for DIY. Duct mastic can be used for gaps within quarter inch. If the gap between the joints is more than quarter inch use good quality heat approved tape or web type drywall tape
• Avoid using cloth backed rubber adhesive tape for sealing your duct. Instead you can use butyl tape, mastic, foil tape or any other heap approved tapes.
• Bothe the ducts and basement walls should be well insulated to make the basement colder.
• Hire a professional for installing supply and return registers
• Ensure the presence of well sealed vapor barrier, exterior to the insulation on the cooling ducts which prevents moisture condensation.
• In the place of stove or fuel burning furnace install a C (carbon monoxide) monitor to alert the CO levels
• Always get qualified professional service for duct work
Hiring Tips for Furnace Repair or Duct Cleaning
There are some essential steps to be taken before hiring a professional air duct cleaner. The quality service of an expert air duct cleaner begins with commitment to work, good relationship and good communication.
1. Ask whether they are bonded, licensed and insured.
2. Ask for the details of the various duct cleaning services they provide
3. Ask whether any miscellaneous services will be informed earlier before implementing them.
4. Get an approximate budget. Check whether any tax included.
5. Do they have all the equipments needed for the job?
6. Inform your cleaning expectations before scheduling the work
7. Do they provide any additional services related to air duct cleaning like furnace cleaning, chimney cleaning, furnace cleaning, dryer vent cleaning.
8. If you are concern about the chemicals, how does the company address your concern?
9. Do you have any specific time for job implementation
10. Confirm whether they will arrive on time
11. Ask for special prices, special cleaning services
12. Get quotation from different duct cleaning companies
13. Get the number of cleaners coming fort the services
14. Get the time duration they need to complete the task.
15. Get maximum information about their company and services.
These tips will facilitate you in hiring the best air duct cleaner and air duct repair Surprise AZ for your home.
Golden’s Good Air – Professional Air Duct Cleaning and Repair in Surprise AZ
People living in Surprise AZ looking for an experienced and trustworthy air duct repair service can call Golden’s Good Air. They are an established contractor who will provide great work at affordable prices and Golden’s Good Air services are offered in Phoenix, Peoria, Glendale, Surprise, Litchfield Park, Scottsdale, Tempe, Goodyear and Sun City AZ.