The Chromium(Chrome) is a mineral that is found in most of the substances and products we use today and is a part of our lifestyle like paints, cements, oil etc. and is also found in vegetables too. Chromium when taken in low levels has good effects over health such as these
– Involved in the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates
– Collaborates in better use of energy to improve the action of insulin.
– It prevents blood clots and strokes.
– It is used in bodybuilding to help increase muscle mass.
– Their functions to take advantage of glucose can help enhance sports performance strength.
Toxicity and side effects of chromium
In recent times there is a serious concern over chromium and its ill-effects on health and environment as people are exposed to it more, when exposed to high levels and for the longer time, the chromium contamination in environment which will cause toxicity problems and below mentioned side effects, contraindications and dangers of chromium.
Side effects – as headache , vomiting , eczema, dizziness , changes in behavior, moodiness, lack of coordination, lack of logic, etc. Too much chromium can cause negative reactions in the body that can manifest as liver problems , kidney or blood disorders.
Contraindications – Sicks kidney and liver in Patients, Causes Anemia : Chromium decreases iron absorption.
Below people should not get exposed to chromium and substances in which it is used,
– Pregnant women
– People with diabetes who are under treatment with insulin
– People with mental problems such as depression, schizophrenia or anxiety .
– People who are taking medications
How to deal with Individual and Environmental impact of Chromium ?
As chromium is not good for individuals so people working in factories that use chromium for manufacturing products and Businesses that leave chromium as a residue causing harm to environment should get the help of experts and get the chromium levels checked and use measures to reduce it levels.